The dangers of drug abuse are many. We therefore need to know how to prevent it. The following are some of the ways:
- Avoid self-medication. This means that drugs should only be taken under the guidance of a medical doctor.
- Avoid buying drugs or medicine from drug sellers that are not registered
- Avoid bad friends who abuse drugs.
- Get the advice of doctors/nurses and pharmacists before taking drugs.
- Avoid expired drugs.
- Do not take drugs because your friends are taking them.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Ways of preventing drug abuse”
Step III: Teacher explains ways of preventing drug abuse.
Step IV: Teacher explains further with relevant examples
Step V: Pupils contribute and ask questions
- To prevent drug abuse one must __________________. A avoid eating fruits B avoid self-medication C avoid eating foods
- It is good to take drugs because our friends are taking it. A True B False C Very true
- Expired drugs are drugs that ____________________. A were produced in the factory B are sold at the medicine stores
- List three ways of preventing drug abuse
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓