A white wooden box mounted on 4 legs used to house thermometers and hygrometers. The instruments which are found in it are:
- Maximum thermometer
- Minimum thermometer
- Six’s thermometer
- hygrometer-wet bulb and dry bulb thermometer
- Provide shade conditions for accurate temperature recording.
- Ensure safety of thermometers because they are delicate.
Qualifications Which Make Stevenson Screen Suitable For Its Work
- Painted white for little absorption of solar heat energy.
- Made of wood which is a bad conductor of heat.
- Well ventilated to allow easier flow of air inside it.
- Raised to prevent contact with terrestrial radiation.
- Has double roof which acts as an insulator to prevent direct heating from the sun.
Recording and Calculating Weather Conditions
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate