- Biblical account of creation
- Why god created human beings?
- Songs about creation
BIBLICAL ACCOUNT OF CREATION
According to the book of Genesis, in the beginning, God created the heaven and earth. The earth was void, without form and dark, and the spirit of God moved upon the waters. On the first day, God created light by saying: ‘let there be light’. Of course, there was light. He therefore, separated light from darkness, and called the light,‘day’ and darkness ‘night’.
On the second day, God created the firmament that is , the heaven or sky. He separated waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. On the third day, God created the seas and the earth by separating the waters from the dry land. He called the waters seas; and the dry land, He called the earth. He followed it up by creating grasses, herbs and trees that same day.
On the fourth day, God created the sun, moon, and stars to give light to the earth. On the fifth day, God created all sea creatures as well as the fowls of the earth.He blessed them and ordered them to multiply. On the sixth day, God created animals of different kinds. He also created man in His own image male and female, He created them Man was made to have dominion over all the things created on earth. On the seventh day, God rested, blessed it and and made it Holy.
THE SUMMARY OF THE STORY OF CREATION
1st day Light and darkness
2nd day Firmament
3rd day Land, seas, and Vegetation (trees and grasses)
4th day The Sun, Moon, and Stars
5th day Birds and all kinds of seas creatures
6th day All kinds of animals creeping things and man
7th day God blessed this day, called it Sabbath and rested
God commanded man to work for six days,but rest on the seventh day.
WHY GOD CREATED HUMAN BEINGS?
God created man for the following reasons:
- God created man to procreate,
- God created man to give Him praises ,worship Him and also serve Him,
- God created man to rule, subdue and also have dominion over all what He created,
- God created man in His own image to reign and to also demonstrate His glory,
- God created man to be His mouthpiece and representative on earth;who will later reign with Him eternally in heaven.
SONGS ABOUT CREATION
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The lord god made them all.
- Why did God create man?
- What will happen if man failed to fulfilled God’s purpose of creating him?
GENERAL EVALUATION/ REVISION QUESTIONS
- List the names of God according to Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa.
- Write the names of God in four Nigerian Languages and state their meanings.
- Explain briefly on creation of man.
- Mention five attributes of God.
- Why did God create man?
What will what will happen if man failed to fulfill God’s purpose of creating him?
- Christian Religious Education for JSS Bk 1 Adeyinka et al Chapter 1.Pages 6-8
- Modern Biology – Read on Darwin Evolution Theory of Man.
- God created the universe in how many days? (a) 6 (b) 7 (c) 21
- ____ was created on the fourth day. (a) Light (b) Dry land (c) Sun, Moon, Stars
- In Edo traditional account of creation, which of these personalities was given power to mould and make man? (a) Osanobua (b)Osanoha (c) Orisa-nla
- Who was delegated by Olodumare to create the world in Yoruba account? (a) Osanobua (b) Orisa-nla (c) Orunmila
- _____ was created on the seventh day by God (a) Man (b)Llight (c) God rested
- List four things which man created.
- Summarize the Bible account of creation.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate