A spreadsheet interactive computer application program for organization, analysis and storage of data in tabular form. A spreadsheet application is a computer program such as Excel, open office Cacl, or Google Docs spreadsheets. An electronic spreadsheet is a computer program that is used for storing, organizing and manipulating data.
A spreadsheet is a software package used for modeling data for the purposes of budgeting, planning, monitoring accurate record keeping, calculation, policy formulation, sensitivity analysis and decision making.
Examples of spreadsheet package
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Stat view spreadsheet
- Apple works spreadsheet
- Quattro pro
- Microsoft Works spreadsheet
- Easy office spreadsheet
- Lotus 123
- Plan maker spreadsheet
- Xoom office spreadsheet
Uses of Spreadsheet
- Inventory control
- Preparation of daily sales
- Examination results
- Database use
- Profit and loss analysis
- Balance sheet preparation
Features and terminologies of spreadsheet
- Title Bar: It contains programs name and file name.
- Tool Bar: Groups of icons on bars that can perform common commands quickly.
- Work Area: Large white area in middle of window where work appears.
- Row: The horizontal (side by side) division in a spreadsheet. They are named with number 1 to 1,048,576
- Column: The vertical divisions in a spreadsheet. They are named with an alphabet letter A to Z and then continuing with AA, AB, AC, etc.
- Cells: The intersection of columns and rows that contain the data for each record.
- Database: A database is a collection of data which is organized in a manner that can be easily stored and retrieved.
- Tables: The view that displays the database as a combinations of rows (records) and column (fields)
- Field: Field is the smallest piece of data in a table. Fields are displaced in columns.
- Records: A collection of all fields relating to one person, place, or thing occupying a single row of a table.
- File: is a collection of related records in a table
- What is spreadsheet package
- Mention the uses of spreadsheet
- List the features of spreadsheet
You May also read
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate