A spreadsheet interactive computer application program for organization, analysis and storage of data in tabular form.
A spreadsheet application is a computer program such as Excel, open office Cacl, or Google Docs spreadsheets. An electronic spreadsheet is a computer program that is used for storing, organizing and manipulating data.
A spreadsheet is a software package used for modeling data for the purposes of budgeting, planning, monitoring accurate record keeping, calculation, policy formulation, sensitivity analysis and decision making.
Examples of spreadsheet package
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Stat view spreadsheet
- Apple works spreadsheet
- Quattro pro
- Microsoft Works spreadsheet
- Easy office spreadsheet
- Lotus 123
- Plan maker spreadsheet
- Xoom office spreadsheet
Uses of Spreadsheet
- Inventory control
- Preparation of daily sales
- Examination results
- Database use
- Profit and loss analysis
- Balance sheet preparation
Features and terminologies of spreadsheet
- Title Bar: It contains programs name and file name.
- Tool Bar: Groups of icons on bars that can perform common commands quickly.
- Work Area: Large white area in middle of window where work appears.
- Row: The horizontal (side by side) division in a spreadsheet. They are named with number 1 to 1,048,576
- Column: The vertical divisions in a spreadsheet. They are named with an alphabet letter A to Z and then continuing with AA, AB, AC, etc.
- Cells: The intersection of columns and rows that contain the data for each record.
- Database: A database is a collection of data which is organized in a manner that can be easily stored and retrieved.
- Tables: The view that displays the database as a combinations of rows (records) and column (fields)
- Field: Field is the smallest piece of data in a table. Fields are displaced in columns.
- Records: A collection of all fields relating to one person, place, or thing occupying a single row of a table.
- File: is a collection of related records in a table
- What is spreadsheet package
- Mention the uses of spreadsheet
- List the features of spreadsheet
You May also read
Web developer, computer teacher, author, computer technician,