A smartphone is a cell phone that allows you to do more than make phone calls and send text messages. Smartphones can browse the Internet and run software programs like a computer. Smartphones use a touch screen to allow users to interact with them.
Parts of a smart phone
The following are parts of a smart phone
- Speaker and mic.
- Signal Processor.
- On board Processor (CPU)
- RAM & ROM.
- ADC – DAC Converter.
- Camera and WiFi circuit.
Uses of a smart phone
Its uses include:
- Sending and receiving emails, text, photographs and multimedia messages.
- Registering contacts.
- Calculator, currency, alarm, etc. functions.
- Browsing the Internet using a mobile browser.
- Playing games.
- Video chat.
- Point of sale terminal when paying for goods or services.
- Barcode scanning
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Smart phones”
Step III: Teacher explains the parts of a smart phone
Step IV: Teacher explains the uses of a smart phone
Step V: Teacher explains further with relevant examples
Step VI: Pupils contribute and ask questions
Answer the following questions
- State examples types of smart phone
- List three parts of a smart phone
- Define a smart phone
- State two uses of a smart phone
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate