WEB SEARCH ENGINE: A web search engine is a software system that is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web. To search results are generally presented in a line of results. The information maybe a mix of web pages, images, and other types of files.
A search engine is a web-based tool that enable users to locate information on the World Wide Web. Search engine utilizes automated software applications (referred to as robots, bots, or spiders) that travel along the web.
How Search Engine Work
Every search engine uses different complex mathematical formulas to generate search results. The results for a specific results. The results for a specific query are then displayed search engine algorithms, take the key elements of a web page, including the page title, content and keyword density, and come up with a ranking for where to place the results on the pages.
Uses of Search Engines
- Search engines let you search for graphics, software, video, sounds and other kinds of files.
- Search engines search though the latest news stories from recent press releases to new stories in newspapers, which is very useful if you are looking for absolute latest information on your search topic.
- Search engines can also be used to search news group posting online and offline events and perform services such as chat, instant messaging and product searches for online shopping.
- Search engine also provide search access to databases of third parties which allow you to search through cooperate reports, telephone listings, yellow pages, zip codes, and numerous other information databases.
Examples of search engines
- com (2) Bing.com (3) Yahoo.com (4) Ask.com (5) AOL.com (6) infoseek.com (7) altavista (8) mamma.com
- What is search engine?
- Mention three uses of search engine
Website Developer | Certified Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE)| Certified Google Digital Marketing Expert| An Author.