A vocabulary and set of grammatical rules for instructing a computer to perform specific tasks. The term programming language usually refers to high-level languages, such as
Ada , and
Each language has a unique set of keywords (words that it understands) and a special syntax for organizing program instructions .
High-level programming languages, while simple compared to human languages, are more complex than the languages the computer actually understands, called machine languages .
Each different type of CPU has its own unique machine language.
Programming language that can be directly understood and obeyed by a machine (computer) without conversion (translation). Different for each type of CPU, it is the native binary language (comprised of only two characters: 0 and 1) of the computer and is difficult to be read and understood by humans.
LOW LEVEL LANGUAGE
In computer science , a low-level programming language is a programming language that provides little or no abstraction from a computer’s instruction set architecture commands or functions in the language map closely to processor instructions. Generally this refers to either machine code or assembly language .
HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE
A programming language such as C , FORTRAN, or Pascal that enables a programmer to write programs that are more or less independent of a particular type of computer. Such languages are considered high-level because they are closer to human languages and further from machine languages.
- What is a programming language ?
- Gives examples of a programming Language
Define the following
- Machine Language
- Low level language
- High level language
INTRODUCTION TO DATA PROCESSING
Computer Input devices and Output devices
- programming languages
- programming languages list
- programming language popularity
- programming languages ranking
- programming language r
- programming language definition
- programming language crossword clue
- programming languages and their uses
- programming language pragmatics
- programming language popularity 2022
- machine language
- machine language vs assembly language
- machine language definition
- machine language example
- machine language is an example of a high-level language
- machine language code
- machine language is a high-level programming language
- machine language instruction
- machine language translator
- machine language definition computer science
- low level language
- low level language examples
- low level language definition
- low level language computer science
- low level languages programming
- low level language in computer
- low level language vs high
- low level languages like c
- low level language coding
- low level language is also called