Recycling is the changing of waste or used materials into new objects or materials which can be used for other functions.
PRODUCING RECYCLING WORK
Paper Mache – is an easy to make hard material that can be used to cover various surfaces. It is often used in arts and crafts to make various sculptures like Nigerian coat of arms, fruit bowls, puppets, dolls and much more.
METHOD OF PAPER MACHE
- A bowl or large container;
- Flour, wallpaper powder/paste, or white glue;
- Your base structure;
- Soak newspapers and used papers in water for two to three days.
- Squeeze out water from it.
- Pound to mix well with other materials.
- You can mould flower vases and other materials from it.
Old papers can be pound and bound with starch.
Paste pulp can be used to produce useful and functional arts works such as flower vase.
ASSIGNMENT: using paper Mache to make a cup.
Strategies & Activities
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher endeavors to explain all the points to the pupils thoroughly.
Step 4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation
- Produce an art work through recycling;
- Display items.