Skip to content
Catering, Home economics, Home management

Poison is any substance which when taken causes harm to the body. It gets into the body through swallowing, breathing in gases (inhalation), contact through pesticides and chemicals pushed through the skin.

– Baby drinking paraffin from a bottle

– Man seated in an enclosed room without ventilation and there is a jiko, hence he is inhaling carbon monoxide.

– Wash hands after handling pesticides.

– Label medicines, insecticides and all other poisonous substances and keep them away from the reach of children.

– Medicines should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.

– Do not store chemicals near food

– Management of poison that does not burn

– If conscious, give drinks of milk or water immediately.

– Induce vomiting by touching the back of the throat with fingers.

– Give more drinks as you take the person to the nearest health facility.

Note: take the container that held the poison with you.

 

Management of poison that burns

Give casualty water to drink immediately. Wash away poison from the skin. Refer casualty to nearest health facility

Note: take the container that held the poison with you Do not store chemicals near food.

 

See also

BODY MEASUREMENTS

DISEASES

SYNTHETIC FIBRES

WOOL

cotton

 

SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY

We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.

  Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

School Portal NG