Definition of Non-contact Sports
Non-contact sports are those sports where participants should have no possible means of impact, such as sprinting, swimming, darts, snookers where players use separate lanes or take turns of play.
Examples of Non-contact Sports
The following are examples of non-contact sports:
- Table tennis
Benefits of Non-contact Sports
The benefits of non-contact sports include the following:
- It brings about critical and constructive thinking
- It relaxes the muscles of the body
- There is greater control over injuries risk
- Help in the development of speed and free movement of the body.
- Participating in non-contact sports, could wipe stress and live a healthy life.
- It exercises all parts of the body
- It is for fun and entertainment
Basic Skills and Techniques in Non-contact Sports
The basic skills in non contact sports include the following:
Swimming Skills Performance (Styles)
The following skills are used in swimming:
- Front crawl
- Breast stroke
- Back stroke
- Earliest swimming style, dog paddle
- Fastest swimming style, front crawl
- Style that can be performed on land, front crawl
Basic Skills in Gymnastics
The basic skills in gymnastics include;
- The stance
- The approach run or run up
- The take-off
- The flight or clearance
- The landing
- The recovery
- Describe non-contact sports.
- List five examples of non-contact sports.
- What are the benefits of non-contact sports?
- Explain why you would prefer non-contact sports to contact sports.
- List other five non-contact sports apart from the one given above.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate