Meaning of chemicals – Chemicals are the distinct compound or substances which are prepared or purified artificially by means of different chemical reactions. E.g. baking soda, flavours of juice, medicine, food etc.
GRADES OF CHEMICALS
- Reagent A.C.S. – these are used in a laboratory
- R. – is used for chemical for research
- C.C – is used in the requirements of food
- C.P – is used in general applications
- Technical grade –used in general industrial use
- APE’s – are found in detergents, disinfectant, cleaners and laundry cleaners.
Need for monitoring and control of chemicals
The manufacture and use of chemicals is potentially harmful to human beings and livestock.
There are laws to control and protect human beings and the environment from chemical effluents and wastes. Waste according to the law refers to different categories which include industrial, solid, liquid, gaseous wastes containing substances which are jarful to human, animal and plant life.
Waste can also means any injurions, poisoners, toxic.
Any person found quality of purchasing, selling, importing, transporting, depositing or storing harmful waste can be convicted and sentences of life imprisonment in Nigeria.
- What are chemicals?
- Name five areas in your life where chemicals are used
- Why are some chemicals harmful?
IMPORTANCE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- monitoring and control of chemicals
- reasons for monitoring and control of chemicals
- needs for monitoring and control of chemicals
- chemical monitoring example
- control of chemicals and substances hazardous to health
- control of chemicals
- ways of controlling chemicals
- what is an example of chemical control
- what is chemical control method
- grades of chemicals
- grades of chemicals pdf
- different grades of chemicals
- list of chemical grades