Table of Contents
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR HOUSEHOLD MAINTENANCE
- Dust pans
- Dust bins
- Carpet sweeper
- Vacuum cleaner.
GUIDELINES FOR HOUSEHOLD MAINTENANCE
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR HOUSEHOLD MAINTENANCE
- Always set apart sometimes for daily, weekly and seasonal cleaning of the house.
- Use the correct house cleaning materials or agents for specific surfaces e.g. abrasives like vim for scouring bath tubes.
- Use house and vacuum cleaning equipment such as mops, brooms cleaners properly.
- Store house cleaning equipment and materials properly and out of reach of children.
- Each surface or object should be given the correct cleaning treatment.
- Household waste should be properly dispose off on daily basis.
- Always clean the surrounding of the houses clean by cutting the hedge and grasses and bay not allowing stagnant waters around the house/
DAILY CLEANING OF SITTING ROOM
- Open the doors and windows to air the room.
- Sweep the floor and reach under all pieces of furniture.
- Empty the waste paper basket.
- Dust all surfaces, doors, windows and furniture.
- Tidy up the cushions and arrange arm and head rests on the chairs.
- Arrange furniture, newspaper, magazines and other items properly.
- Put fresh flowers in the vase if necessary.
DAILY CLEANING OF DINING ROOM
- Clean the table and remove any pieces of food.
- Clean the table- mat and put them away.
- Clean the table, dirty tables attracts flies.
- Sweep off the pieces of food on the floor.
- Dust the chairs and other pieces of furniture.
- Arrange the chairs neatly.
- Put fresh flowers.
DAILY CLEANING OF KITCHEN
- Open the windows to air the room.
- Sweep down cobwebs and dust from ceiling and walls.
- Sweep the floor.
- Wash any dirty plates and utensils.
- Clean the sinks, draining board and the wall around it.
- Wipe the stove or cooker.
- Dust other surface in the kitchen e.g. cabinet, table, refrigerator.
- Mop the floor.
- Arrange the utensils.
- Empty the dust bin or waste basket.
- Sweep out the inside of the bin or basket using a stiff broom or brush.
- Clean the broom or brush and put away properly.
DAILY CLEANING OF BATHROOM & TOILET
- Sweep the floor with special broom.
- Flush the toilet.
- Remove debris, including bits of sponge.
- Draw the shower curtain if in use.
- Wash the bath tub and wash hand basin.
- After each use, rinse the bath tub and mop up any water splashes on the floor.
- Lift the seat of the W/C and sprinkle toilet cleaner such as “Harpic” inside the bowl.
- Scrub the bowl with toilet brush, flush again.
- Wipe the outside of the bowl, seat and cover using a suitable cloth.
- Mop the floor.
- Supply fresh toilet paper if necessary.
DAILY CLEANING OF THE BEDROOM
- Open the windows and draw the curtains to air the room.
- Take up mosquito net and adjust it neatly, if it is in use.
- Dust the bedroom furniture.
- Sweep the floor and brush the floor covering.
- Make the bed.
- Arrange the dressing table.
- Clean the duster and put away neatly.
- Mention 5 guidelines for cleaning the family house.
- Describe the weekly cleaning of the sitting room
Draw and state the uses of 5 home cleaning equipments
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY