Labour includes all forms of productive human efforts put into or utilized in production. It also refers to man’s mental and physical exertions generated to aid the process of production.
FEATURES OF LABOUR
- it is mobile
- it feelings and cannot be used anyhow.
- the unit of labour is man-hours or man-days.
- the reward of labour is wages and salaries.
- it is a variable asset.
- its size and quantity influence production or output.
- its output can be improved by training.
- What is labour?
- State five features of Labour.
TYPE OF LABOUR
The type of labour an individual provides is dependent on the training or education he or she received. The following are types of labour:
Skilled labour:highly educated and technical to provide the expertise for farm operations.
Semi-skilled labour: averagely educated to perform simple farm operations.
Unskilled labour: basic education to communicate and provide manual effort for farm operations.
FORMS OF LABOUR
Forms of Labour available to farmers are:
Personal labour: this is the labour provided by the owner of the farm.
Family Labour: these refer to the labour provided by the man, his wife and children i.e. the farmer’s family.
Communal Labour: This is the kind of labour provided by neighbours and the community.
Hired or Paid Labour: this is the kind of labour that is paid either daily or they receive salary at the end of the month.
USES/IMPORTANCE OF LABOUR IN AGRICULTURAL ENTERPRISE
- It uses other factors for production.
- Skilled labour provides the expertise required for major farm operation.
- Labour ensures the success of any agricultural enterprise.
- It helps to achieve the various stages of agricultural production.
- It converts natural resources into usable products.
- Define Labour
- Mention five characteristics of labour.
- List and explain types of labour.
- State five importance of labour in agriculture.
- ___ is the type of labour provided by the owner of the farm A. Family labour B. Personal labour C Hired labour D. Communal labour
- The man’s mental and physical exertions generated in the process of production is refers to as ____ A. Land B. Capital C. Labour D. Salary
- ____ labour provides the expertise required for major farm operation. A. Communal
- Paid C. Skim D. Skilled
- ____ and ____is the reward of labour A. Profit and loss B. Wages and interest
- Loans and salaries D.wages and salaries.
- The unit of labour is ____ A.man-hours/days. B. Man-minutes/week C. Man-month
- What is labour?
- Explain any four forms of labour you know.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate