IDENTIFICATION OF ABUSERS AND THEIR TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION
Drug abuse affects the body and mind of the user and often many of those around him or her.
CHARACTERISTICS/EFFECTS OF DRUG ABUSERS
- Abnormal or excessive happiness
- Shivering when not on the drug Cocaine
- Lack of appetite
- Excessive happiness of depression when not on drug
- Drunken behaviour without smell.
- Drunken behaviour with smell of drink (alcohol).
- Tremors or convulsion when not on drugs.
PRIMARY SOURCES OF HELP FOR THOSE WITH DRUG ABUSE PROBLEM
- Older relations
- School health officers
- Social centres
Strategies and activities
Step1: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step2: Teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3: Teacher explains the new topic
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils questions
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils
Evaluation and Assignment
List 3 characteristics of persons who abuse heroine, cocaine and sedative drugs.
MODE OF DRUGS AND CONSEQUENCES
NATURE OF DRUG ABUSE AND ITS EFFECTS