Specific needs of young animals for healthy growth
Young farm animals require special care soon after they are born. Growing farm animals also have some specific needs to grow well and productive.
ANIMALS WITH THEIR YOUNG ONES
- Cow- calf
NEEDS OF GROWING FARM ANIMALS
Chicks require chick mash. This is a specially balanced food for chicks. The food should be put in flat feeding troughs for the chicks to pick up easily. Piglet, kids, and lambs should be allowed to suck milk from their mother.
Young animals should be provided with clean water.
Veterinary doctors should be invited to check the young animals regularly for good health.
- Keep the environment clean always
- Clean the feeding and drinking troughs regularly
- Keep the surroundings of the building clean from weeds, and well protected from pest.
Strategies & Activities:
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils questions.
Step5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation
- Mention the needs for growing farm animals
- List some animals and their young ones
- List five specific needs of a young animal to grow well.
- Describe the specific needs of chicks under these headings: food, water, housing, medication and clean environment.
- Which professionals should be invited to check livestock regularly for good health?