Field events are the events which involve the throwing and throwing on the field where the height cleared and distance covered are measure to determine a winner.
Field events can be grouped two:
- THE THROWS: are all the events which involve the throwing of some implements for distance. These implements are called missiles.
Examples of throwing events are the followings;
- Shot put event
- Discus event
iii. Hammer event
- Javelin event
- THE JUMPS: are the events that involve jumping for height over a raised object or jumping for distance from a marked spot on a flat surface into a demarcated pit.
Examples of jumping events are the followings;
- Long jump
- Triple jump
- Pole vault
- High jump
EQUIPMENTS AND FACILITIES FOR JUMPING EVENTS
- The measuring tape
- The run-way
- Red and white flags
- The landing pits
- Record sheets and writing materials
- Step board
- Cross bar and pegs
- Pole vault stick
- Land foam etc
WEIGHT SPECIFICATION FOR SHOT- PUT
JAVELIN WEIGHT LENGTH
WEIGHT SPECIFICATION FOR DISCUS
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT GUIDE THROWING EVENTS
- Any missile that lands outside the landing sector is a foul.
- Any throw taken outside the throwing sector is a foul
- The throwers are allowed to throw three times
- All throwers must commerce action only inside the circle or scratch line
- All throws must be thrown into one direction
- The measurement must be taken by placing the zero end of the tape on the ground where the missile first made contact with the ground.
FIRST AID AND SAFETY EDUCATION
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY