FACTORS AFFECTING RATE OF BREATHING IN HUMANS
Factors that cause a decrease or increase in energy demand directly affect rate of breathing.
- Exercise, any muscular activity like digging.
- Emotions like anger, flight
Effects of Exercise on Rate of Breathing
- Students to work in pairs.
- One student stands still while the other counts (his/her) the number of breaths per minute.
- The student whose breath has been taken runs on the sport vigorously for 10 minutes.
- At the end of 10 minutes the number of breaths per minute is immediately counted and recorded.
- It is noticed that the rate of breathing is much higher after exercise than at rest.
Dissection of a Small Mammal (Rabbit) to Show Respiratory Organs
- The rabbit is placed in a bucket containing cotton wool which has been soaked in chloroform.
- The bucket is covered tightly with a lid.
- The dead rabbit is placed on the dissecting board ventral side upwards.
- Pin the rabbit to the dissecting board by the legs.
- Dissect the rabbit to expose the respiratory organs.
- Ensure that you note the following features.
- Ribs, intercostal muscles, diaphragm, lungs, bronchi, trachea, pleural membranes, thoracic cavity.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate