Table of Contents
DEBORAH AS A WORTH Y LEADER JUDGES 4:1-2, 5:1-20
Deborah was a judge and a prophetess, she was the wife of Lappidoth, she used to sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim. She led the army to the battle. Through her the Israelites won the Midinites. She was very bold and courageous, she loved and feasted on God’s word. She led Israel to sing a song of victory to the Lord.
Deborah followed Barak to the war and they conquered Sisera and his army. Thereafter, Barak began to be the leader of Israel and he also proved himself a good and courageous leader. Jabin king of Canaan the captain of whose host was Sisera, and they won a decisive battle at river Kishon. Sisera fled and took refuge in tent of Libera, a kanite, Jael, the wife of Heber, offered Sisera a drink of milk and while he slept, she took a tent peg and drove it into his temple(belly) fastening him to the ground. Sisera died in Hebers tent, not slain in battle but struck down by a woman, as Deborah had prophesied. And the children of Israel had rest for forty years.
- Describe the characteristics of Joshua.
- Discuss the difficulties that many encountered in leadership roles.
- State two challenges of the Israelites in Canaan.
- What was the role of Jael in the victory over the Canaanites?
- Discuss the death of Sisera.
- Barak was a coward, yes or no? Discuss.
- ____ was the woman judge and prophetess (a) Ruth (b) Esther (c) Deborah
- ____was the wife of Lappidoth (a) Miriam (b) Esther (c) Deborah (d) Mary
- ____ was slain in Herbrs tent (a) Sisera (b) Joshua (c) Jabin (d) Barak
- ____ was the woman who killed Sisera in her husbands house (a) Jael (b) Esther
(c) Ruth (d) Naomi
- ____was the captain of whose host was Sisera (a) Barak (b) Jabin (c) Deborah
- Summarize the song of Deborah and Barak.
- Briefly describe the role or activities of Deborah in this passage.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. Thank you so much. Click here to donate