The millennium development plans are eight international development goals that were officially established following the millennium summit of the United Nations in 2000.
OBJECTIVE OF MDGs
Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger.
Target 1: Half of the population between 1990 -2015 whose income is less than one dollar a day be reduced.
Target 2: Half of the population that suffers from hunger be reduced
GOAL 2: Achieve Universal Primary Education
Target 3: To ensure that by 2015 all children are enrolled and have completed primary education.
GOAL 3: Promote gender equality and empower women
Target 4. Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education, preferably by 2005 and to all levels of education not later than 2015.
GOAL 4 Reduce child mortality rate.
Target 5. Reduce by two-thirds between 1990 and 2015 the under five mortality rate.
GOAL 5. Improve maternal health.
Target 6. Reduce by three quarter between 1990 and 2015, the maternal mortality rate.
GOAL 6.Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases.
Target 7. Have halted by 2015 and begun to reverse the spread of HIV/AIDS.
Target 8. Have halted by 2015 and begun to reverse the incidence of malaria and other major diseases.
GOAL 7. Ensure environmental sustainability.
Target 9. Integrate the principles of sustainable development into country policies and programmes and reverse the loss of environmental resources.
Target 10. Halve by 2015 the proportional of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water.
Target 11.By 2020 to have achieved a significant improvement in the lives of at least 100 million slum dwellers.
GOAL 8. Develop a global partnership for development.
Target 12. Deal comprehensively with the debt problems of developing countries through national and international measures in order to make debt sustainable in the long term.
Target 13. In cooperation with the private sector make available the benefits of new technologies, especially information and communication.
NATIONAL ECONOMICS EMPOWERMENT AND DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES ( NEEDS)
NEEDS is derived from the urgent requirement for value orientation, the objective of which is to sound the message clearly that is not business as usual. Therefore the bedrock of NEEDS is its vision of a Nigeria with a new set of values and principles which will facilitate the achievements of national goals of wealth creation, employment generation and poverty reduction.
OBJECTIVES OF NEEDS
NEEDS is therefore fashioning for Nigeria, a common ground for all economic agents to interplay in a healthy and sustainable manner. The objectives are mainly in threefold;
- Poverty Reduction
- Employment Generation
- Wealth Creation.
- State five objectives of millennium development goals.
- State three objectives of NEEDS.
It is stated in the document VISION 2020Economic Transformation blueprint (2009) that by the year 2020, Nigeria would have a large, strong, diversified, sustainable and competitive economy that effectively harnesses the talents and energies of its people and responsibly exploits its natural endowments guarantee a high standards of living and quality of life to its citizens. In order to achieved this according to the same vision statement, a Gross Domestic Product of not less than &900 billion is required.
OBJECTIVES OF VISION 2020
- The social dimension: It envisions an equal society that can sustain a life expectancy of at least 70 years.
- The economic dimension: It envisages a vibrant economy whose manufacturing sector can contribute atleast 25% to Gross Domestic Product.
- The institutional dimension: Expects a state democracy.
- While the environmental dimension envisions effective management of our natural environments. It is pretty clear from the objectives that the vision 2020 is a grandiose adventure.
- Discuss vision 2020
- Mention four objectives of vision 2020.
- Essential Economics for SSS by C E Ande page 423-429.
- Amplified and Simplified for SSS by Femi Longe
- The objectives of NEEDs include all but ____ A. poverty reduction B. employment generation C. wealth creation D. scarcity.
- The life expectancy ratio stated in Vision 2020 is ____ A. 60years B. 87years C. 70years D.50years.
- The seven point agenda proposed to increase power and energy to ____ A. 60,000 MW B. 100,000 MW C. 26000 MW D. 20000MW.
- Which of the following is Millennium Goal (MDG)? Attracting foreign direct investment B. Eradication of extreme poverty and hunger C. Increasing capital flows through debt reduction D. To guarantee Africa’s renewal.
- The seven point agenda includes all except ____ A. land reform B. food security C. mass transportation. D. insecurity.
- Discuss the Millennium Development Goal.
- Describe the Seven Point Agenda.
- 2003 SSCE QUESTION OBJECTIVE AND THEORY
- 2004 SSCE QUESTION OBJECTIVE AND THEORY
- 2005 SSCE QUESTION OBJECTIVE AND THEORY
- 2006 SSCE QUESTION OBJECTIVE AND THEORY
- 2007 SSCE QUESTION OBJECTIVE AND THEORY\
- millennium development goals
- millennium development goals definition
- millennium development goals 2021
- millennium development goals 2030
- millennium development goals (mdgs)
- millennium development goals 2015
- millennium development goals pdf
- millennium development goals and sustainable development goals
- millennium development goals 2000
- millennium development goals meaning
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate