CREATING, SAVING AND OPENING A WORD DOCUMENT
CREATING A NEW DOCUMENT
Steps on how to create a new document
1) Move the mouse pointer to office button
2) Click on Microsoft Office Button
3) A drop-down menu will appear
4) Move the mouse pointer to new and click
5) A dialog box will appear
Double click on blank document
SAVING A DOCUMENT
Steps on how to save a document
1. Move the mouse pointer to the ‘office button’
2. Click the Microsoft Office button
3. Move the mouse pointer to ‘Save As’ and click it
4. A ‘Save As’ dialog will appear showing the folder ‘Save In’ dialog will appear showing the folder of your choice.
5. Move and click on the ‘Save As’ button, after you have finish giving the file a name. what did you observe after saving your work with a file name.
The title bar will change from document 1 – Microsoft Word to the filename that you use to save that file.
OPENING A DOCUMENT
Steps on how to open a saved document
1. Move the mouse pointer to office button
2. Click on office button
3. A drop-down menu will appear
4. Move to ‘open’ and click on it
5. A dialog box will appear showing different filenames.
6. Click on a file name that you want to open
7. Then move to the right end of the dialog box and click on ‘open’ button OR
8. Double click on a filename. The document will open.
A filename is a name given to a file to enable the users to differentiate one file from another.
Explain the steps involve in creating, saving and opening a document.