Conjunctions are words which join phrases, clauses and sentences.
- He was slow but he was brilliant.
- She woke early because she slept on time.
- I will do it if I can.
- He swept the floor while I swept the compound.
- Let’s start now, so that we’re sure to have enough time.
- You can go out as long as you come back early.
- I walk as though I’m a millionaire.
KIND OF CONJUNCTION
- CO-ORDINATING CONJUNCTION
- CORRELATING CONJUNCTION
- SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTION.
- CO-ORDINATING CONJUNCTION: This is type of conjunction primarily joins words or phrases. We have AND, BUT, OR, NOR, SO, YET, FOR, NOR, ALSO, EITHER –OR, NEITHER- NOR, OR. Examples:
- she spoke impressively at the meeting and won the appreciation of all
- I offered to help her but she refused my help.
- I must try hard for there is stiff competition.
- He is not my friend nor my relative.
- CORRELATING CONJUNCTION: Correlating conjunctions are the ones which join words, phrases, clauses and sentences which are complementary to one another in a set correlating conjunction comes in pairs. BOTH – AND, NEITHER – NOR, NOT ONLY – BUT ALSO, EITHER- OR.
- He both prays and preaches.
- This is neither boring nor fascinating.
- Neither the man nor the woman is here.
- She is not only brilliant but also well behaved.
- He plays both gitar and piano.
- SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS: Subordinating conjunctions are words which join the main clause with subordinate clause. This type of conjunction can in other words be referred to subordinators. E.g. AFTER, ALTHOUGH,UNLESS, AS, BECAUSE, BEFORE, WHEN, WHICH, PROVIDED,WHENEVER, IF, UNTIL, INCASE, et-cetra are ordination conjunctions identifiable in English language.
EVALUATION: NEW OXFORD ENGLISH COURSE BKS 3 PAGE 119 EXERCISE 8 1-5
- conjunction definition
- conjunction examples
- conjunction junction
- conjunction words
- conjunction fallacy
- conjunctions list
- conjunction synonym
- conjunction junction lyrics
- conjunction adverb
- kind of conjunction
- kind of conjunction with example
- kind of conjunction engishspoken.com
- kinds of conjunction in a complex sentence
- kind of conjunction word
- conjunction and sentence
- kinds of conjunction with definition and examples
- kinds of conjunction in hindi
- kinds of conjunctions worksheet
- kinds of conjunction with definition
ANTONYMS – WORDS THAT ARE OPPOSITE IN MEANING
VOCABULARY DEVELOPNMENT (SEXUALITY AND RELIGION) WORDS ASSOCIATED WITH PHOTOGRAGHY)
VOCABULARY DEVELOPNMENT: SYNONYMNS