Some conditions that require first aid are
- Wound (Bruises)
- Heat exhaustion
Explanations of some conditions that require first aid
This happens when blood is coming out of the body as å result of å cut in the skin. Blood may also come out from the nose as å result of an injury or an illness. The gum of the teeth may bleed as å result of å hard blow or å prick on it. It may also be as å result of infection.
First aid for bleeding
The method of stopping bleeding depends on the part of the body that is bleeding.
- For å bleeding leg or hand as å result of å cut, use clean water with salt to wash it.
- Apply iodine solution on the affected part.
This is å sudden loss of consciousness. This happens when somebody does not know what is going on or happening around him or her again. It is å total loss of control of oneself and can lead to death.
First aid for fainting
- Remove the top clothing and shoes.
- Let the person receive enough fresh air.
- Use mouth-to-mouth method of giving artificial respiration.
- Take the person to the hospital.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Conditions that requires first aid”
Step III: Teacher states the conditions that require first aid
Step IV: Teacher explains further with relevant examples
Step V: Pupils make relevant contributions.
- Define first aid
- Mention five conditions that require first aid
- Explain how a person bleeding should be given first aid
- List two things to do to someone who fainted