Diverse Meaning of Collage
Collage is a picture made on a support by sticking together different materials or media on a background support. Collage is an assemblage of two or more materials or media on a background support. Collage is a work of art in which pictures are built up using bits and pieces of different types of materials.Collage is a form of art expression in which mixed media like grain, pieces of paper and fabric are stuck unto a given surface.
MATERIALS USED IN COLLAGE PRODUCTION
- Pieces of metal sheets
- Machine parts
- Grains like rice, maize, beans etc.
- Parts from car
- Dis- used materials like pieces of fabric, bolts and nuts,washers etc.
- Large piece of wood
- Different colours of paper
- Photographic pictures
- Adhesives like water gum, evostic and glue
- A pair of scissors
- Plywood with a larger surface for people to see
METHODS OF PRODUCING COLLAGE
- Clean the surface of plywood to be worked upon thoroughly.
- Stick cardboard to the plywood.
- Make a sketch of the desired picture to be decorated.
- Arrangeand apply gum on the sketched image and attach the different materials on the sketched image side by side until the entire inner space of the sketched image is completely covered.
GENERAL EVALUATION / REVISION QUESTIONS
- What is drama?
- List the two types of drama and explain.
- List the three categories of people involved in drama and theatre.
- State two crew members and their function.
- State two functions of drama.
- Define collage.
- List two collage materials.
- Outline the steps in producing collage in mixed media.
- A form of art expression in which mixed materials like paper,grain and fabric are stuck unto a surface is ……..(a) mosaic (b) papiermarche (c) Collage (d)paper collage
- Which one of these is not a background support in collage?(a) Plywood (b)Cardboard (c) Hardwood (d)Grain
- …….is a strong binder used to stick together different materials or media onto a surface.(a) Evostic (b)Turpentine (c) Linseed oil (d) Fixative
- Collage design requires the sticking together of ……….(a)different media (b)one medium (c)None of the above (d) All of the above
- Which one of these is not a type of collage? (a) Seed collage (b) Paper collage (c) Cloth collage (d)Mixed media collage (e) Mosaic
- State one difference between collage and mosaic?
- State three basic requirements in collage design.
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓