Hardware is the physical computer equipment that we can see and touch. They include:
- The input devices such as a mouse and keyboard, the processing device like system unit.
- The output device like printers and video display units (VDU).
- Other hardware includes speaker, scanner, microphone and joystick.
STEPS FOR CARING FOR COMPUTER HARDWARE
- Position the computer properly.
- Keep in an appropriate (air conditioned) environment.
- Make use of UPS and stabilizer.
- Avoid liquid dropping into the system.
- Avoid food particles.
- Use dust covers.
- Unplug the system when not in use for long.
REASONS FOR TAKING CARE OF COMPUTER
- Avoid damages.
- Protect the system.
- Prolong the life of the files in the system.
- Make the user comfortable for maximum efficiency.
WAYS OF PROTECTING COMPUTERS
There are numerous ways to protect and remove malware from our computers. No one method is enough to ensure your computer is secure.
The more layers of defense, the harder for hackers to use your computer.
Here are five simple, but critical steps to protect your computer,
- Install Firewall
- Install Antivirus Software
- Install Anti-Spyware Software
- Use Complex and Secure Passwords
- Check on the Security Settings of the Browser.
- Name three ways of caring for the computer;
- Give two reasons for caring for the computer;
- List two ways of protecting computers.
Strategies & Activities
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher endeavors to explain all the points to the pupils thoroughly.
Step 4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Summary: Teacher goes over the topic once again to enhance better understanding.