An adverb modifies a verb, an adjective or another adverb.
Types of adverbs
- Adverbs of manner: they denote how an action is being carried out. Examples are boldly, quickly, friendly, happily etc.
- Adverbs of time: adverbs of time tell us the time when an action takes place. Examples are- yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, weekend etc.
- Adverbs of degree: adverbs of degree answers the question “How?”: for example; the food is too hot.
- Adverbs of place
- The book is on the table.
- The girl is in the room.
This answers the question “Where?”
Underline the adverbs in these sentences:
- Olu dressed neatly
- The girl smiles very beautifully
- Chioma walks quickly to school
- Amina reads well
- We go to school everyday
- The man died last week
- The boy can play here.
- The boy writes neatly.
- Eze is here
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. Thank you so much. Click here to donate