What is an adjective? An Adjective is a word that describes or modifies a noun or pronoun
Types of Adjectives
- We have the following types of adjective :
- Adjective of quality
- Adjective of number
- Adjective of Definite number (cardinal and ordinal)
- Adjective of Definite number
- Proper adjectives
- Distributive adjectives
- Demonstrative adjectives
- Possessive adjective
Companion of Adjective
|Beautiful||More beautiful||Most beautiful|
|Hopeful||More hopeful||Most hopeful|
Adjective are words that are used to add more intersection to a verb, an adjective and another adverb. Most adverbs ends in “-ly”.
Type of adverbs
- Adverb of manner – tells us how an action is carried out. Sentence: the girls ran quickly (Adverbs of manner)
- Adverb of time – shows when an action takes place e.g. ago, since, alter, soon, already sentence: they travelled yesterday (adverb of time)
- Adverbs of place – shows where the action is carried out e.g. in, above, inside, here, there, etc. sentence: I am here (Adverb of place)
- Adverbs of frequency – shows how stem or how many times an action is carried out. E.g. once, trice, sometimes, always etc. sentence: I love eating beans always
- Adverb of Degree – use to show to what extent or limitation an, action is done e.g. quite, very, rather, only, almost, etc. sentence: wale did quite well in the examination (Adverb of degree).
Attempt the questions in progressive English – page 139-140
- We went there (adverb of place)
- The widow wept sorrowfully (Adverb of manner)
- He goes to work daily (adverb of frequently). On adjective
- The girl wore a yellow dress (adjective of color)
- The tall man came here
- He ate ten mangoes.
Conclusion: Students are now able to identify adverbs and adjectives in sentences
Choose the correct form of the adjective in brackets
Page 99 (progressive English) exercise 90
All students must appreciate the beanies in the word of God in Psalm 139:14 we are fearfully and wonderfully made, The manner and how the almighty had created us cannot be compared with anything.