A word processor is an electronic device or computer software application that performs the task of composing, editing, formatting and printing of documents. Word processing software is used to manipulate a text document, such as a resume or a report. You typically enter text by typing, and the software provides tools for copying, deleting various type of formatting.
Some of the functions of word processing software include.
- Creating, editing, saving and printing document
- Copying, pasting, moving and deleting text within a document
- Formatting text, such as font type, bolding, underlining or italicizing
- Creating and editing table.
- Inserting elements from other software, such as illustrations or photographs
- Correcting spelling and grammar.
Word processor is the computer program that is used for creating, sorting, formatting and printing documents. i.e they are the programs that are useful word processor
Examples of Word Processor
- Microsoft Word (MS Word)
- Word star
- Word pad
- Word Perfect
- Loco Script
- Word Craft
USES OF WORD PROCESSOR
- Document Input: You can use word processor to type reports, letters, and other documents.
- Document formatting: A big advantage that was processing programs have over typewriters is the ability to both compose and format your document using the same program.
You can edit your work multiple times before printing a single page.
- Added features: Word processing programs allow to add charts, graphs, tables and images to your documents
- Correction can be made
- Grammar and spelling can be checked
- Justification of texts.
Evaluation: Explain Word processor and its uses.
Website Developer | Certified Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE)| An Author. To know more about me. Please visit my CV here