Value can be the monetary and non-monetary worth of a thing in the ordinary sense. In civic education value is used to refer to all moral standards and principles that guides human actions. Being moral i.e. refer to what our society’s belief about what is right or wrong socially and culturally. Such principles make a citizen important, good and active in Nation building (progressing peacefully).
The unprincipled person is that person without moral principles e.g. a dishonest person. Some of the things that value include expensive cars, house, jewelleries and certificates. We guide and keep them jealously. Also the society esteem valuable persons high on them have values that the society embraces.
The university accepted types of values include honesty, loyalty, faithfulness, truthfulness, courage, self-reliance, cooperation and so on.
LEVELS OF MANIFESTATION OF VALUE
Values can be manifested in the following ways:
- By being low abiding citizen: good citizens obey the rules and regulations of where he lives. He there by encourage some other residents around him.
- By being oneself in all situation: someone that has good standards can be predicted as he will always do what is right or tell the truth even if the consequence is not favourable to him.
- By respecting other views and values: A valuable person respects other people’s view even when they are century to his views but would not do what believers is wrong morally
- By being loyal to constituted Authority: A valuable person will not act in a way they will destroy the nations image or other people image as a student he will support his/her school’s culture
- what is value?
- State two importance of value.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate