Many objects function like the computer. We make use of some of these objects in our daily activities. They are electronic devices. Some of these devices and their uses are:
- Calculator: A calculator is a machine used for solving arithmetical problems.
- Cell phone: A cell phone is used for making and receiving telephone calls. It is also used for sending and receiving text messages. A cell phone is also called a mobile phone.
- Digital wrist watch: A digital wrist watch is used for keeping time. It tells time in seconds, minutes and hours. A digital wrist watch also shows the date
- Organiser: An organiser is used for keeping personal records, data or information. You can use it for keeping the birthdays of members of your family and those of your friends.
- Pager: A pager is used for sending and receiving messages.
- Fax machine: A fax machine is used for sending and receiving messages. Fax messages are received like photocopies of the messages sent.
- Liquid dispenser: A liquid dispenser meter is used for selling fuel like kerosene, petrol and diesel
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Uses of IT devices ”
Step III: Teacher states various examples of IT devices
Step IV: Teacher explains the uses of the listed examples of IT devices
Step V: Teacher explains further with relevant examples
Step VI: Pupils contribute and ask questions
- List two IT devices and their uses
- Name other IT devices that you know, which are not mentioned in this unit. What are their uses?
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate