Honesty is the human quality of being straight forward and truthful in words action. The society through leaders who value honesty honour people such as a honest person can be trusted because he will always speak the truth. According to Wikipedia encyclopaedia honesty is the human quality of community and acting truthfully.
ATTRIBUTES OF HONESTY
- Truthfulness : if a person is ho
- nest it means been always truthful in any situation and in all his communication. He will tell the truth even if he is to be punished or hurt. He is straight forward and blunt.
- Godliness: Honesty cannot be divorced from godliness. Honest people fear only God. It is the fear of God that makes a child report himself to the school authority when he destroys schools property and nobody knows about it.
- Loyalty : A honest person is ever loyal to his beliefs and country
- Reliability: if someone is always telling the truth, not stealing or cheating, he can be dependable at all times. People can rely on his words and can be a witness in the court of low.
- Respect: a honest person respects others since he also wants to be respected.
- Courage : it is courage that can make someone say the that when others would not for fear of being punished. We need coverage people in Nigeria.
BENEFITS OF HONESTY
- Trust: Honesty makes a man reliable. He is not seen as a liar and as such when others are been punished he is left unpunished.
- Honour: Honest people have been honoured in time past by leaders who entrance honesty. Some have been conferred CFR, OFR, SON and come materially financially.
- Promotion: many people have been rewarded with promotion for being honest. Honesty can raise a man from grass to grace and from zero to hero.
- Popularity: people have become popular for being honest.
- Confidence : people can easily associate with honest persons particularly in business. Their business flourish.
- a result of the confidence customers, business associates have in them.
- They can be entrusted with responsibilities: whenever there is the need to appoint people if integrity in position, honest person are given priority privilege to service.
- Describe honesty.
- Discuss the Consequences of dishonesty
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate