TYPES OF POEMS
- Epic :It is a long narrative poem that celebrates real historical events, heroic achievements, civilization, quasi-divine figures and such other subjects.
- Ballad: This is an anonymous narrative in verse passed from generation to generation by words of the mouth and meant to be sung and danced before a crowd.
- Ode: It is a medidative poem which addresses itself to a person or thing in which the good qualities of such a person or object are highlighted and commended.
- Dirge: It is a poem used to express grief on the occasion of someone’s death
- Pastoral Elegy: It laments the fate of the shepherd.
Note: Oral poetry are spoken or chanted, written poetry are inscribed on a paper or documented.
Write on the following kinds of poetry: panegyric, limerick, lullaby.
- Give the past and past participle of the following verbs.
awake find hold sweep
Beat leave swell forget
Cling hide shut take
- Use each verb in sentences.