Table of Contents
There are different kinds of embroidery which are known by special names such as cut work, drawn thread work, appliqu, smocking etc.
- Lazy stitch 16. Bullion stitch
- blanket stitch 17. Satin stitch
- chain stitch 18. Hem stitch
- French knot stitch 19. Smocking stitch
- Fly stitch
- Cross stitch
- Stem stitch
- Cable stitch
- Chevron stitch
- Straight stitch
- Feather stitch
- Seed stitch
- Couching stitch
- Fish bone stitch
- Herringbone stitch
PRACTICAL WORK: SIMPLE DECORATIVE STITCHES ON BROWN PAPER: CHAIN STITCH
Chain stitches done side by side to fill large shapes and it is used to wok single lines
- Bring needle out of the line to be stitched
- Hold the thread to the left.
- Put the needle back to where it just comes out
- Bring it out in short space further down
- Pass the threads under the needle from left to right
- Draw the needle through to form the first link of the chain
- Put the needle back into the materials just inside the link.
STRATEGIES AND ACTIVITIES
STEP I; The Teacher revises the previous week lesson.
STEPII: The Teacher introduces the new topic.
STEP III: The Teacher explains the note in details.
STEPIV: The Teacher gives room for pupils to ask questions.
STEPV: The Teacher evaluates the pupils.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- Define decorative stitches
- List the types of decorative stitches
- What are decorative stitches?
- Mention 5 types of decorative stitches