Tourism is the process which involves the visiting of people to places of interest for pleasure, relaxation, entertainment or education.
FACTORS FAVOURABLE FOR TOURISM
- Presence of wild life
- Presence of highlands
- Good accommodation or hotels
- Easy means of communication
- Good transportation network or accessibility
- Availability of fund
- Adequate security
- Political stability.
IMPORTANCE OF TOURISM
- Generates foreign exchange
- Provides educational knowledge
- Promotes employment opportunities
- Provision of social amenities
- Conservation of wild life
- Promotes local craft industries
- Diffusion of ideas.
GENERAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS
- What is tourism?
- What is a resort centre?
- Mention five resort centers in Nigeria
- Mention ten tourist areas in Africa.
- What are the factors that promote tourism?
- The highest highlands in Nigeria are in which region? (a) North Central (b) South South (b) South West (c) Western region (d) Eastern region
- Mt Everest is in which continent? (a) Europe (b) Australia (c) Asia (d) Africa
- Alps mountain is in which continent? (a) Europe (b) North America (c) South America (d) Asia
- Andes mountain is in which continent? (a) South America (b) North America (c) Asia (d) Europe
- The Rockies mountain is in which continent? (a) South America (b) North America (c) Asia (d) Europe
On a sketch map of Africa, show the following highlands (i) Kilimanjaro (ii) Atlas (iii) Drakensberge (iv) Guinea highland.
- importance of tourism
- importance of tourism in switzerland
- importance of tourism in nepal
- importance of tourism in india
- importance of tourism essay
- importance of tourism and hospitality
- importance of tourism in zimbabwe
- importance of tourism planning
- importance of tourism pdf
- importance of tourism management
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate