Table of Contents
MEANING OF TIE-DYE
Tie-dye is a textile craft in which areas of fabric not intended to be dyed is tied tightly with raffia to resist penetration the moment fabric is dipped into a dye solution.
MATERIALS AND TOOLS
- Dye stuff
- Rubber gloves
- Caustic soda
- White cotton fabric
- Pot and kettle
TYPES OF DYEING METHODS
TYPES OF TYING MEHODS
- Twisting method
- Circle tying method
- Marbling method
- Knotting method
- Pleating method
- Stitching method
- Clumb tying method
- Define tie-dye.
- List two dyeing methods and two tying methods respectively.
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTION
- State five functions of drama.
- Define tragedy and comedy respectively.
- What stage fright in drama?
- What is costume?
- Define playwright.
- Which of the following is a resist material in tie and dye? (a) Raffia (b) Wax(c) Fabric (d) Rubber gloves
- The powdery pigment that is meant for dyeing a plain cotton fabric is called ____(a) dye stuff (b) caustic soda (c) hydrosuphite (d) chalk pastel
- The two basic chemicals in tie and dye are ____ (a) caustic soda and hydrosulphite (b) tannic acid and dye stuff (c) caustic soda and wax (d) formalin and hyydrosulphite
- Which of these kinds of fabric is suitable for tie and dye? (a) Silk material (b) Linen material (c) Cotton fabric (d) Lace material
- What material protects the hands from getting in contact with the toxic and harmful chemicals when preparing the dye solution? (a) Rubber gloves (b) Dis-used fabric (c) Nylon (d) None of the above.
- Define tie and dye.
- List two dying methods in tie and dye.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. Thank you so much. Click here to donate