Daily atmospheric conditions of a place at a particular time.
Elements of Weather
- Humidity precipitation
- Atmospheric pressure
- Cloud cover
A Weather Station
-A place where observation, measuring and recording of weather elements is done
Factors to Be Taken Into Account When Sitting a Weather Station
- An open place where there is little obstruction of weather elements.
- Accessible place so that recording can be done easily.
- A fairly level or gently sloping ground (5◦) so that it’s easy to position weather instruments.
- The place should provide a wide view of the surrounding landscape and the sky.
- The site should be free from flooding.
- The place should have security.
Instruments for Measuring Elements of Weather
- Rain gauge-rainfall
- Barometer-air pressure
- Sunshine recorder-sunshine duration and intensity
- Wind vane –wind direction
- Anemometer-wind speed
- Evaporimeter-rate and amount of evaporation.
⇓ Fully Funded Scholarships ⇓
We built School Portal NG to specially serve as an alternative means to provide free education for the less-privileged children or children born to low-income earners, adults who otherwise cannot afford to finance their way through school.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, but this portal is free. Help to keep this learning portal free by donating or supporting us. We accept donations, grants, sponsorships & support to help reach out to more children. Thank you so much. Click here to donate