According to Paul in his teaching, a person that has the Holy Spirit in him manifests these qualities in his daily life activities – love, joy, peace, patience or longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control, and so on. With the above qualities, we would be able to be law-abiding towards God and men.
1 As Christians we should pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit to help us avoid the life of sin.
2 Anytime we want to engage in Christian programmes like evangelism, church service, fellowship, children’s concert, etc., we should pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
3. In our daily personal activities like going to school, work, travelling, etc. we should ask the Holy Spirit to guide us.
- Jesus promised his disciples the gift of the Holy Spirit which he said would come from the father after his ascension into Heaven.
- Jesus said that very soon, he would not be physically present with them again, so they would need the Holy Spirit to guide them.
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ and of God the father.
- The promise of the Holy Spirit was not only for Jesus’ disciples then, but also for anybody who would believe in him, and become his disciple.
- Jesus told his disciples that the Holy Spirit would be to them: a counsellor, comforter, teacher, guide, reminder, the spirit of truth and prophecy.
- The Holy Spirit guided Christ’s early disciples in their activities.
- a) In choosing Paul and Barnabas for missionary work to the Gentiles b) Philip and Peter in their evangelical work.
- c) Paul and Silas in their missionary work to Philippi at Macedonia in
- As the present day Christians or disciples, we need the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all our activities.
1 What is the Holy Spirit?
2 Why did Jesus promise his disciples the Holy Spirit?
3 In which ways did Jesus say the Holy Spirit would serve the disciples?
Strategies & Activities:
Step1: Teacher revised the previous topic.
Step2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils questions.
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Identify ways by which Jesus showed love to people.
- Identify instances when Jesus demonstrated his love for mankind.
Summary: Teacher goes over the topic once again to enhance better understanding.
Fill in the gaps below with correct answers.
4 The Holy Spirit guided the early Christians in choosing ——————- and ——————- for missionary work to the Gentiles.
5 During Paul’s second missionary journey, the Spirit of Christ told him and Silas not to preach in ——————————.
Choose the correct answers to the questions below.
6 How did the Holy Spirit help Philip in his evangelical work in Samaria?
- He converted people and healed the sick.
- He escaped persecution.
- He performed magic.
- He rested.
- Which is not one of the roles of the Holy Spirit in our lives as Christians? It enables us to:
- teach the true word of God.
- perform miracles of healing.
- condemn boldly the evil practices in our country.
- Who laid hands on people in Samaria and they received the Holy Spirit?
- Philip B. Peter C. Simon the Great D. Paul
9 Which one of the following is a fruit of the Holy Spirit?
A. Envy B. Rough play C. Self-control
Jesus demonstrated his love to people
God’s way of showing love to His people