STORAGE – REQUIREMENT, PURPOSE & PREPARATION
What is storage. Storage is to prevent spoilage, make the produce available for future use, to await good market prices.
Requirements for proper store are:
- It should be clean.
- It should be well ventilated.
- It should be raised from the ground to prevent damp conditions.
- It should be dry.
- It should be strong to hold crop produce.
- It should be easy to clean.
- It should be vermin-proof.
- It should be secure from theft.
- It should be treated against pests such as weevils.
Types of Storage
- Traditional storage structures.
- Modern storage structures.
Preparation of the Store
- Cleaning the store.
- Dusting the store with appropriate chemicals.
- Clearing the vegetation around the store to keep off vermin.
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓