- Discrete Data
-Which is given in whole numbers e.g.
1093 tonnes of wheat
- Continuous Data
– Facts and figures which can take any value e.g.
- Fractions e.g.23 ¼
- Decimals e.g. 6.20 mm
- Values within range e.g. 0-30◦c
- Grouped Data
– Which is non precise/exact but values range in groups e.g.
Sources of Statistical Data
- Primary Sources
-People or places which have 1st hand or original information.
The information can be collected by observation, measuring, counting, photographing etc.
- Give first hand information
- The information cant be got from other sources
- Secondary sources
-Materials in which information collected by others was stored e.g. text books, reference books, etc.