The sss in the federal government law enforcement agency in Nigeria it helps in internal policing.
FUNCTIONS OF THE STATE SECURITY SERVICE
- Defending and protecting the federal government against domestic threats.
- Upholding and enforcing criminal laws in Nigeria.
- Providing leadership and criminal justice services to both federal and state law – enforcement agencies.
- Protection of president, vice- president, top government officials and their families.
Nigeria immigration service (NIS) was formally carved out from Nigeria police in 1958.
- Control of aliens
- Issuance of Nigeria passport
- Issuance of resident permit to foreigners
The national drug law enforcement agency NDLEA was established by decree 48 of 2000.
FUNCTIONS OF NDLEA
- The co- ordination of all drug laws and enforcement of functions conferred on any person or authority.
- Adoption of measures to eradicate illicit cultivation of narcotic plants and to eliminate illicit demand for narcotic drugs and psychotropic substance.
- Adoption of measures which shall include co-ordinate preventive and repressive action; introduction and maintenance of investigation and control techniques.
- Adoption of measures to increase the effect of eradication efforts.
- Enhancing the effective enforcement of law to suppress illicit traffic in narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
- State four functions of the military
- State five functions of the NDLEA.