An inclined plane is a simple machine. It allows one to use less force to move an object. Examples of inclined planes are ramps, sloping roads and hills, plows, chisels, hatchets, carpenter’s planes, and wedges.
MEANING INCLINED PLANE
An inclined plane is a simple machine used to raise a load to places higher than the floor level.
EXAMPLES OF INCLINED PLANE
- An axe
- Automatic screwdriver
- Screw jack
- Office chair
- Sliding board on children playground
ADVANTAGES OF INCLINED PLANE
- An axe is used to slide wood.
- Wedge is used to cut wood.
- Automatic screwdriver is used to screw a nut.
- Screw jack is used to lift up a car.
- Office chair is used for balance and position.
- Sliding board is used by children on playground.
- Staircase is used to one floor to another.
- Ladder is used to access to a point on top.
Strategies & Activities
Step: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher endeavors to explain all the points to the pupils thoroughly.
Step 4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step 5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
- Mention three examples of inclined plane.
- Construct and use inclined plane to move objects.
- State two advantages of inclined plane.