What is a toilet?
Å toilet is å place where people pass waste.
Types of toilets
We have traditional and modern toilets.
- Traditional toilets include:
(å) The pit toilet
(b) The bucket toilet
(c) The bush
- Modern toilets are the kind of toilets which people use these days. Modern toilets are mostly found in large towns and cities. Some people call the modern toilet ‘the water system’.
Ways of keeping modern toilets clean
- Flush the toilet after every use.
- Clean the toilet every day.
- Use disinfectants to clean the toilet.
- Do not stand on the toilet seat.
- Mop the floors and brush the ceiling.
- When the toilet gets faulty, call the plumber immediately.
- When the septic tank gets filled up, åsk the sanitation workers to clear it.
Things for cleaning the toilet: broom, toilet brush, detergent, water, and disinfectant
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Sanitation”
Step III: Teacher explains the meaning of toilet
Step IV: Teacher explains the various types of toilet
Step V: Pupils copy the note and submit for marking
(1å) Describe one type of traditional toilet.
(1b) Describe the modern toilet.
- State three ways of keeping the modern toilet clean
- What is a toilet?
- List five materials for cleaning the toilet