Socialization is a process of learning acceptable behaviours of the society in which one lives.
Agents of Socialization
- The school
- Peer groups
- The mass media
- Religious groups
- Voluntary organization such as boys scout, red cross, boys brigade, girls brigade, rotary clubs, young men Christian Association, road safety club etc.
History of road safety club
- FRSC was established in the year 2007.
- RSC is an arm of Federal Road safety commission
- It was inaugurated in secondary schools in the year 2012
- Its aim is to train students on road safety rules
Forming Road Safety Club
- The school write a letter to federal road safety commission.
- A visit from the federal road safety commission to the school
- Necessary instructions are given to school authority who will help in organizing the students
- Inauguration day is fixed by the commission
- Election of major officers such as president, vice president, treasurer, secretary etc.
- The road safety coordinator heads and directs the activities of the club in the school.
- Club members participate in programmed organized by federal road safety corps for school within their commands.
All these provide opportunities for club member from other schools to interact and socialize freely.
Role of Road Safety Clubs in Socialization of Youths.
- Creating conducive atmosphere for members to interact
- It inculcate good moral and values
- It provides opportunities for student to learn road safety rules
- It helps member to be exposed to paramilitary trainings
- It helps students to become responsible leader.
- It helps members to report any road crash to the nearest FRSC office or any relevant body for assistance
- What is socialization
- Highlight 5 agents of socialization
- How can road safety club be formed in a school
- What are the roles of road safety club in socializing the youths?
- State a brief history of RSC
How can road safety club be formed in your school?
ROLES IN PROMOTING SAFETY IN OUR COMMUNITY
Health Issues | Examples, Preventions, & Harmful Substances
Accident in Schools | Forms, Preventions, & Steps Taken
Gender Stereotypes | Examples, Effects, & Common myths
Gender: Meaning, Roles, Similarities & Examples
- safety clubs as an agent of socialization
- road safety club as an agent of socialization
- road safety club as an agent of socialization in social studies
- note on road safety club as an agent of socialization
- what is agent socialization
- agents of socialization
- agents of socialization definition
- agents of socialization examples
- agents of socialization sociology
- agents of socialization family
- agents of socialization quizlet
- agents of socialization include
- agents of socialization school
- agents of socialization mass media
- agents of socialization religion