DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RIGHT AND DUTIES
Rights are the privileges given to a citizen which are protected by the constitution but duties are something you are required to do for moral or legal reasons. Rights are what you are constitutionally entitled to while duties are what you are to do concerning the rights.
IMPORTANCE OF RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF CITIZENS
- Social Control:When we perform our duties and respect other people’s rights, the society functions normally. It brings but control within the country.
- 2.Peace: Peace prevails in societies where citizens enjoy their rights and perform their duties as expected. This happens because there will be less conflict and friction among the citizens.
- Development: A country develops faster when her citizens do not interfere with other people’s rights and perform their duties and obligations. Such brings progress economically, political, and socially.
- Orderliness: When citizens respect other people’s rights and perform their duties the society will void of riots, fighting and chaos. For instance, if people obey traffic laws, traffic jams would be drastically reduced and there will be flow of traffic.
- Welfare of People: If taxes are paid regularly and promptly government would have enough funds to provide basic amenities that will make life easy for the citizens.
CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION
The following are the causes of bribery and corruption:
- bad value system
- external influence
- influence of bad group
- inequality between the rich and the poor is also responsible for the increase in crime rate in the Country
General Evaluation/Revision question
- Mention three causes of bribery and corruption
- 2.List and explain five effectof bribery and corruption
- Explain the importance of rightsand duties of citizens
- ___________ brings peace harmony and understanding among people in the community [A].Duties [B]. Right [C]. Human beings[D]. Society
- The giving or taking of a bribe or illegal acquisition of wealth using the resources of a public office is _______________ [A].murder[B].corruption[C].rape[D].prostitute
- _________ is the cause of bribery and corruption [A].Bad Value System [B].Religious Crisis [C]. Armed Robbery [D].Examination malpractices
- One of the effect of bribery and corruption is _______________ [A].religion[B].high population [C].slow economic development [D].good road
- Nigeria is the most corrupt country in Africa.[A]Yes[B].No [C]. Yes &No [D].None of the above
- Explain the following terms
- bribery and corruption
- rights and duties of a citizen
- Mention three importance of rights and duties of a citizen
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓