REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH: RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND NUTRITION
Reproductive health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of reproductive disease or infirmity.
Reproductive health deals with the reproductive processes, functions and systems at all stages of life while nutrition is the sum total of the processes involved in taking in and utilization of food substances by which growth, repair and maintenance of the body are accomplished. It involves ingestion, digestion, absorption and assimilation.
Nutrients are stored by the body in different forms and drawn upon when the food intake is not sufficient.
- For both men and women, optional nutrition plays a key role in reproductive health. Maintaining a healthy weight is also important, as being over or underweight can alter a woman’s hormone levels.
- Eating a balanced diet is an important factor in achieving in vegetables, fruit and “good” fats and low in “bad” fats such as saturated and Trans fat and a “bad” carbohydrates such as sugary food, white bread etc. can promote reproductive health. In addition, prenatal vitamins provide essential nutrients which can help improve a woman’s chance for conception and assure proper development of the embryo early in pregnancy.
- For perspective fathers, healthy eating helps improve the chances of success.
Malnutrition refers to the imbalance of nutrient intake due to the There are two side of malnutrition.
- Under nutrition: this refers to a condition resulting from an inadequate intake of food or poor utilization of nutrients in food.
- Over nutrition: this results from excessive consumption of one or more of the nutrients to the detriment of the proper functioning of the body system.
Evaluation: Differentiate between over and under nutrition with specific examples.
- What is the relationship between reproductive health and nutrition
Assignment: draw and label both male and female genital organs
- reproductive health
- reproductive health access project
- reproductive healthcare
- reproductive health and wellness center
- reproductive health definition
- reproductive health services
- reproductive health jobs
- reproductive health specialists
- reproductive health news
- reproductive health center