TYPES OF RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES AND EXAMPLES
RECREATION- is the activity a person participates in voluntarily without monetary gain. It provides pleasure and amusement during the leisure time.
LEISURE- Leisure is defined as the free time left over after the day`s work.
DANCE-Is the act of moving the body in rhythmic pattern to the tempo of the music or song.
TYPES OF RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- INDOOR RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES- Are those activities that are performed inside the house, hall or generally under a roof
EXAMPLES OF INDOOR RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Table tennis
- Sewing/ knitting
- Playing Piano
- Snake and ladders
- Playing cards
- Watching television
- OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES- are those activities that are performed outside or in the open air. Outdoor recreation centers could be parks, Picnicking, sports field or outside the house within the compound.
EXAMPLES OF OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Rowing a boat
- Horse riding
- Story telling
- Picnicking etc
- List the two types of recreational activities
- Differentiate between indoor and outdoor recreational activities
- Define the following terms;
- Recreation, Leisure and dance