The reception office is the first contact office which is well furnished can decorated to create good and lasting impression in the mind of visitor. It is an office where visitors or callers are welcomed and attended to. The office is well equipped with telephone, newspaper, journal, magazine, computer, fan and others.
A receptionist is an employee charged with the responsibility of receiving and directly visitors in a reception office.
Importance of a receptionist
- The receptionist is important to receive and direct visitors
- He/she creates awareness about the arrival of a visitor
- Receptionist helps to keep and give necessary information on behalf of the staff
- He/she is important to receive telephone calls on behalf of the organisation.
QUALITIES OF A RECEPTIONIST
- She must be neatly and smartly dressed
- They must be polite and patient
- She must have a good knowledge of the organisation and its personnel
- She must be courteous
- She must be fluent in speaking English
- She must be punctual and be committed
- She should have a pleasing personally
- She must be cheerful
(i) Who is a receptionist?
(ii) Mention four qualities of a receptionist