Production is the transformation/changing or conversion of raw materials into finished goods. It is the changing of natural resources or raw materials into finished goods, exchange and distributed in order to satisfy human wants.
In other words, it is the creation of goods and service. Production is not complete until the goods reach the final consumers.
Types of production
- Primary or extractive production
- Secondary or manufacturing production
- Tertiary production
Primary or extractive production
This is the first or early stage of production that involves bringing raw materials/natural resources from the soil, sea and forest e.g farming, hunting, lumbering, mining, etc
Secondary or manufacturing production
This is the secondary stage of production, raw materials extracted are changed/transformed into finished goods. It involves manufacturing and construction e.g. processed foods, textile industry, road/bridge construction, building cars, etc
At this stage, goods produced are distributed to the people for consumption. The people involves are wholesalers, retailers, exporters, transporters both professional and commercial services.
Effects of production on the Government and Society
The effects of production on any society will either be positive or negative.
- It makes goods and services available for people.
- It helps to develop the society
- It improves the standard of living of the people.
- It helps in creating employment opportunities.
- It helps people to acquire special skills.
- It brings about environmental pollution such as noise and smoke, etc
- It pollutes the land, e.g lack of proper disposal of waste products such as pure water sachet.
- What is production?
- What are the effects of production on the society.
- production possibilities frontier
- production possibilities curve
- production synonym
- production assistant jobs
- production assistant jobs texas
- production assistant jobs california
- production function
- production manager
- production definition
- types of production
- types of production processes
- types of production systems
- types of production companies
- types of production possibility curve
- types of production in economics
- types of production functions
- types of production planning
- types of production assistants
- types of production jobs
- extractive production definition
- extractive production
- extractive production in business
- extractive production example
- extractive production define
- extraction production distribution consumption disposal
- extraction production company
- extraction production techniques
- explain extractive production
- extractive distillation production ethanol
- secondary production
- secondary production definition biology
- secondary production definition
- secondary production of oil consists of
- secondary production biology
- secondary production is limited primarily by
- secondary production examples
- secondary production definition ecology
- secondary production vs primary production
- secondary production in economics
- primary production
- primary production definition
- primary production definition biology
- primary production results in which of the following
- primary production examples
- primary production ecology
- primary production biology
- primary production in the ocean
- primary production is lowest in which ecosystem
- primary production results in which of these