INFORMATION TRANSMISSION PROCESS
The major methods are:
- Ancient Method
- Modern Method
In the olden day information could be passed from one to another through different means such as:
- Oral: This is face-to-face discussion. The person you were passing the information to would be there i.e. must be present before the information could be transmitted.
- Town Crier: A town crier is a person employed to make public announcement in the street, market place of a town. The town crier shouts with loud voice so that people from distance can get the information.
- Beating Drums: In the olden days, people use drum to transmit information to the village. It is also called talking drum.
- Fire lighting or bush burning: This is making of five lights to pass information.
- Whistling: This is done by using whistle to call villager in other to pass information.
- Drawing diagram: This is done on walls and tree barks.
- Making representation: Information could be passed by using symbols or things that bears resemblance of what the information represents.
MODERN METHOD OF TRANSMITTING INFORMATION
These are the methods used in this modern time.
- Telephone: This is a telecommunication device that permits two or more users to conduct a conversation when they are two far to be head directly.
- Radio: This is a machine or device for communication. It all started with the discovery of radio waves – electromagnetic waves that have the capacity to transmit music, speed and other data invisibly through the air.
- Fax machine (Facsmile): This is a device that sends and receives reproduction of documents over telephone lines by converting them to and from electronic signals. It can also be used to make calls send used receive message and information.
- Satellite: A device sent up into space used to relay telecommunication signal between two or more points. The main advantage of this device is that it is relatively low cost of the earth station equipment linked up with satellite over very long distance.
- Internet: The growth of the internet over the past couple of years has dramatically changed that way humans communicate, learn, entertain, do business.
- GSM (Global Systems for Mobile Communication): The introduction of GSM made it practically possible for people to talk on the move. Mobile devices, which are small enough to carry in on pocket, are used to make and receive calls to and from a far distance.
- Television: Television broadcasting helps to create a sense of a more equal society. Television has the capacity to transmit music, speech, picture and other data through the air.
- Prints: The printing press changed the conducts under which information was collected, stored, retrieved criticized, discovered and promoted. The most remarkable about prints is its durability, representing a form that has proved both its worth and adaptability over centuries which can be passed from one generation to other. Examples of prints are journal, newspaper, magazines, etc.
Computer Processing Devices
HISTORY OF COMPUTING
Do You Like Our Lesson? Please Leave A Comment Below ↓