Prevention of Accident in the School and Home
What is prevention? Prevention is the things we do to avoid something bad from happening to us. Ways of preventing accidents in the home and in the school
In the home
We can avoid many accidents in the following ways:
- All sharp objects like knives, forks, blades and cutlasses should be kept in their proper places. They should be used only for the purpose they are meant. They should also be kept out of the reach of children.
- When we eat banana, we should throw the skin into the refuse bin
- We should not run or be careless on the staircase. We should also hold the hand rails when walking on the staircase.
- Our bathtub should be washed thoroughly and regularly.
- Stay away from all electrical appliances especially exposed wires.
- We must not play with hot objects such as hot water, electric iron and hot stove.
- Floors should be kept dry all the time.
In the school
- The school playground must be free from sharp objects.
- The school farm must not be bushy.
- The teachers in charge of the various laboratories should train children on how to handle laboratory equipment and watch them carefully.
- Bad tables and chairs in the school should be repaired or removed.
- When we play football on the field, we should not be rough. We should show love to those we play with.
- Our school bags should be put on the shelves in the classroom. Where shelves are not available, they should be provided by the school.
Step I: Teacher revises the previous topic
Step II: Teacher introduces the new topic “Prevention of accident in the school and home.”
Step III: Teacher explains how we can prevent accident in the school
Step IV: Teacher lists and discusses how to avoid accident at home.
Step VI: Pupils copy the note and submit for marking
- What is accident?
- Mention two accidents in the school and home each.
- Define prevention
- Mention two ways of preventing accident in the school.
- List three ways of avoiding accident at home.
Building & maintaining an elearning portal is very expensive, that is why you see other elearning websites charge fees. Help to keep this learning portal free by telling mum or dad to donate or support us. We accept grants, sponsorships & support to help take this to the next big level and reach out to more people. Thank you so much. Click here to donate