What is placentation? This is the arrangement of the ovules in an ovary.
The placenta appears as one ridge on the ovary wall e.g. bean.
- The placenta is on the ridges on ovary wall.
- Ovules are in them e.g. pawpaw.
- The placenta is in the centre.
- Ovary is divided into a number of loculi. e.g. orange.
- The placenta is formed at the base of the ovary e.g. sunflower.
Free Central placentation.
- Placenta is in the centre of the ovary.
- There are no loculi e.g. in primrose.
SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR A GIVEAWAY